Infrared Heat is responsible for delivering Hydration Station’s powerful tan acceleration results. This dynamic energy source is emitted by the sun naturally and produces the same frequency level as our own body’s. Infrared Heat is absorbed by water, and as humans our bodies consist of between 50-75% water; leading to darker UV and Sunless results. This is achieved in two ways through the Infrared Heat technology.
First, Infrared Heat produces a natural “Tingle Factor X 10 Phenomenon” in the body and skin, without the common “hot” sensation that many tanners are sensitive to. Traditional tingle factor products deliver skin stimulation through the manual application and absorption of active ingredients. Hydration Station takes this concept much further. Radiant heat is effectively absorbed throughout the body from head to toe creating a much more powerful stimulating effect in the skin.
Secondly, Hydration station enhances the penetration of all skincare products and their active ingredients. Hydration Station is truly the “Accelerator for your Accelerators”. You will achieve a darker tan when Hydration Station is used before any UV technology and Sunless results are more even and last days longer.
One reason our customers enjoy the professional indoor UV light experience is that our knowledgeably trained staff can give them controlled UV exposures to gradually develop natural sunscreen – often called a “base tan” – while minimizing the risk of sunburn. The tanning process actually creates two different forms of natural protection against sunburn:
- Melanin pigment produced when UV light meets the skin literally enshrouds and shields skin cells in the skin’s epidermis, protecting each cell from getting too much UV exposure. Melanin is a powerful anti-oxidant, helping the skin naturally eliminate free-radicals that can cause damage.
- As the skin tans, the outer layer thickens (a natural process called acanthosis) which is nature’s design to make the skin naturally more resistant to sunburn.
The value of a base tan, as any indoor tanner knows, is that it adds another layer to your sun protection arsenal – making sunscreen worn outdoors for outings on sunny days even more effective. Here’s how that works:
- A typical new client begins tanning with 5-minute sessions, gradually develops a tan and can work her/his way up to 20-minute sessions. At this point, she/he becomes naturally FOUR TIMES more resilient to sunburn than when she/he first started tanning. (5 minutes x 4 = 20 minutes). So that tan has an SPF 4 value.
- When someone with a base tan uses sunscreen outdoors, they essentially multiply the effectiveness of the sunscreen. In other words, an SPF 15 product applied to the skin of a person whose base tan has already made her four times more resilient to sunburn creates a net SPF of 60. (SPF 15 x 4 = SPF 60).
In sunny environments many fair-skinned people can sunburn during normal outdoor activities even while wearing sunscreen. But with a base tan their sunscreen becomes more effective and they are much less likely to sunburn.
There is evidence to suggest that over exposure to UV light may lead to skin cancer. It is also widely believed that sudden and rapid exposure to sunlight for paler skins may pose a higher risk than people who are exposed to UV in moderation in a controlled environment, such as sunbeds.
Our goal is help and advise you build a sensible tan. Our knowledgeable staff will build a plan which suits your needs, time and skin type.
1. Always build your tan gently over a period of time.
2. Starting with a few minutes and increase gradually.
3 Leave 48 hours between your first and second sessions.
4 Leave 24 hours between each subsequent session.
5. Avoid sunbathing that day if you’ve had a sunbed session or vice versa.
6. Always use a tanning accelerator to enhance your colour and replenishthe skin
To promote safe and sensible tanning, the following people are prevented from using UV Light Equipment
Under 18 years; 16-17 years with parental consent
Clients on photosensitive medication
Skin type 1
We reserve the right to refuse service base upon individual client circumstances.
Congratulations Samantha Russo! Samantha Russo was supported by Anazoe Derma Spa to achieve her tan!
She went on to win the preliminary round in the talent portion of the Miss America Pageant 2013.
Cosmetic Tanning is used to increase the depth of your color. While UV Light Therapy uses 5% UVB, a cosmetic bed/booth uses 3% UVB Light; this is not as effective for the production of melanin and vitamin D. However the greater concentration of UVA Light allows you to develop rich and deeper tones than you would with UV Light Therapy alone.
Cosmetic Tanning is recommended in conjunction with Hydration Therapy; combining these services will allow you to develop your best color and skin condition.
There are both physiological and psychological reasons to tan. Most people tan in order to obtain the cosmetic value of darker skin, which, in turn may heighten their mood and self-esteem.